Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Spring Training!

Ok, so here's the deal: I recently have read a lot of things suggesting that something that will greatly help training goals is to choose a variable and keep track of it. Even if the variable itself isn't tremendously relevant, it's the record keeping that matters, not the variable itself. As such, I have decided to try this for the next six months. I am calling this The Great Triangle Project, and as the name suggests, I am going to keep track of how many triangles I attempt in sparring.

I have also decided to implement an incentive system. I am going to start each day I go to class with a surplus of 100 pushups. Every triangle attempt will subtract 5 pushups from this amount, meaning that in order to do 0 pushups, I must attempt 20 triangles in one class.

In order to prepare for this task, I have stockpiled a number of resources on setting up and finishing leg triangles, which I hope will be put to good use. Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment